Functions of Ministry of Water Resources under Rules of Business 1973
Cabinet Division has issued Notification vide SRO-921 (i)/2017 dated September 13, 2017 regarding amendment in Schedule 1 of Rules of Business (Item 40) as follows:
- Matters relating to development of Water Resources of the Country.
- Indus Water Treaty, 1960 and Indus Basin Works.
- Water & Power Development Authority.
- Liaison with International Engineering Organizations in Water Sector, such as International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD),International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID) and International Commission on Large Power System (Cigre).
- Federal agencies and Institutions for promotion of special studies in water sector.
- Institute of Engineers Pakistan.
- Administrative control of Tubewell Construction Company.
- Indus River System Authority (IRSA).
- Pakistan Trans-border water Organization.