The Government of Pakistan (GoP) has secured additional credit (IDA Credit) equivalent to US$34.95 Million from The World Bank (Bank) for “Water Sector Capacity Building and Advisory Services Project” (WCAP). The project is scheduled to be implemented up to June 30, 2021.
Improving Water Resources Management & Investment Planning through:
- Modern Tools; flow/flood forecasting models, GIS/MIS application for water allocation/distribution and flood monitoring, upgrading/developing engineering models and materials testing laboratories etc., up-gradation of seismic laboratories at Mangla and Tarbela.
- Improved skills; hands-on trainings to use the tools upgraded/developed under the project.
- Technical studies; calibration of hydraulic structures for accurate discharge measurement, master-planning of hill torrents to mitigate flood damages, preparation of water and power tariff framework for GB.
Implementing Agencies / Key Partners:
- Project Management and Policy Implementation Unit (PMPIU)
- Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA)
- Indus River System Authority (IRSA)
- Federal Flood Commission (FFC) (Read More )