Function of Ministry of Water Resources under Rules of Business 1973
Cabinet Division has issued Notification vide SRO-921 (i)/2017 dated September 13, 2017 regarding amendment in Schedule 1 of Rules of Business (Item 40) as follows:
- Matters relating to development of Water Resources of the Country.
- Indus Water Treaty, 1960 and Indus Basin Works.
- Water & Power Development Authority.
- Liaison with International Engineering Organizations in Water Sector, such as International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD),International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID) and International Commission on Large Power System (Cigre).
- Federal agencies and Institutions for promotion of special studies in water sector.
- Institute of Engineers Pakistan.
- Administrative control of Tubewell Construction Company.
- Indus River System Authority (IRSA).
- Pakistan Trans-border water Organization.
- Processing of development programs/ projects pertaining to water sector (Water Resources & Flood Control) for approval of the competent authority along with review and processing of annual development budget of water sector projects and review budget of water related organizations.
- Provision of inputs for the preparation of Annual Plans, Medium Term Plans and Perspective Plans.
Coordination with Water Wing of WAPDA, Office of the Chief Engineering Advisor/Chairman Federal Flood Commission, Indus River System Authority, Pakistan Commissioner for Indus Waters, International Waterlogging and Salinity Research Institute, Federal Ministries, Provincial Irrigation and Agriculture Departments, concerned departments of Government of AJ&K and NAs.
- Processing of consultancy agreements of Water Resources/Flood Control Projects for approval from the concerned Ministries.
- Monitoring of Water Resources Development and Flood Control Projects.