- Processing cases regarding creation of posts and other allied matters including recruitment through FPSC, and Departmental Selection Committees based on results of tests conducted by the testing services like NTS, Preparing and checking the cases of DSB and CSBetc.
- Processing of cases regarding Appointment/Promotion/Transfer, Payroll System
- Processing of cases for Promotion/Transfer/Deputation of employees.
- Coordinating the events like Workshops/Trainings/Seminars.
- Monitoring of the Performance Evaluation Systems (PER’s/ACR’s).
- Recruitment Rules and maintaining the service record of all employees of the Ministry
- Processing of cases regarding Accommodations & Hiring cases of Office Building and employees working in this Ministry.
- Processing of cases regardingMedicals claims of officers/officials and cases of honorarium, Cash reward etc.
- Adherence to leave Rules, Maintenance of Attendance Policy,Conduct , Efficiency & Discipline, Inquiries and legal cases on services matters of the Ministry
- Preparing the Annual Procurement Plan.
- Processing the whole procurement including advertisement, Prequalification of Suppliers /Contractors, Bidding process, Approval and Contract Awarding. Ensuring Vendor Redressesand Maintenance of procurement record and PPRA Rules.
- Management of stores/stocks and maintenance allied record in the light of GFR
- Maintenance of asset register & disposal of obsolete assets through public auctions.
- Adherence to the Staff Car Rules-1980 and Transport Monetization Policy 2011.
- Maintenance of vehicle log book, movement register and POL record
- Arrangements of official meeting of Ministry of Water Resources
- Coordinating to meets the requirements of Secretary and Minister.
- Coordinating for Infrastructure of office building.
- Processing the cases relating to telephone and other utility.
Accounts Officer-I (B&F) :-
- Re-appropriation, supplementary grant, payment of Annual Contribution for International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID), International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD) and matters pertaining to financial advice etc.
- To tender advice in the delegated field, where called upon.
- To process, in accordance with the prescribed procedure, all cases relating to the non-delegated field, and matters relating to foreign exchange, and demands for supplementary Grants, which are required to be referred to the main Finance Division through the Financial Adviser
- Further, he deals with PAC/DAC matters and reports directly to JS (Water).
Accounts Officer-II (B&F) :-
- To prepare original budget (NISs/BOs) and misc. matters of WAPDA.
- Compilation of the reconciliation statements of monthly expenditures, received from related units of the Ministry of Water Resources.
- To exercise internal checks on irregularities, waste and fraud provided in para 13 of General Financial Rules, Volume-I, which reads:
- Rules on handling and custody of cash are properly understood and applied.
- Effective system of internal check exists for securing regularity and propriety in the various transaction’s including receipts and issue of stores etc
- Satisfactory arrangements exist for systematic and proper maintenance of Accounts Books and other ancillary records concerned with the Initial Accounts.
- To ensure compliance of all other rules, regulations and orders contained in the Federal Treasure Rules, General Financial Rules and instructions issued by the Finance Division from time to time.